SAN ANGELO PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
AS OF AUGUST 26, 2021
San Angelo PAC is committed to the safety of our patrons, staff, and performing arts organizations, especially as we see an increase in COVID hospitalizations within our community.
We are confident that our guests will help us keep SAPAC a safe place to enjoy quality entertainment while respecting health of others.
To safeguard the health of those who use or visit our venues, please consider staying home or seek medical advice if any of the following apply:
-You feel unwell and have any of the following symptoms:
Fever and chills
Loss of taste or smell
Shortness of breath
Muscle aches and fatigue
Persistent earache combined with other symptoms
-In the last 14 days you have come into close contact with someone that exhibited COVID symptoms or tested positive.
-You had a positive COVID test in the last ten days.
-A public health official has told you to self-monitor, quarantine, or isolate.
San Angelo PAC Guidelines:
- If you feel sick or have been in contact with someone that tested positive for COVID, please make the decision to not attend a show or event; call us ahead of time to receive a refund, a credit, or to donate your tickets.
- Masks are still recommended in all SAPAC spaces and at the Murphey Performance Hall. However, due to rise in cases in Tom Green County, we strongly recommend masks for unvaccinated individuals and those who may have compromised immune systems.
- Please be diligent and practice excellent hygiene. Wash your hands to prevent the spread of germs.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for patrons at every show.
- While performance venues are operating at 100% capacity, we may block every other row for general seating performances for the Murphey Performance Hall or Brooks and Bates Theatre, as necessary.
- We encourage all performing artists and production companies to get vaccinated.
- Doors will open early for most shows to allow patrons to social distance.
- All common use areas will be thoroughly disinfected between shows.
- Weather permitting, we encourage organizations to hold all meet and greets outdoors and ask that the lobby clears quickly.
- Visiting performing arts groups, organizations, schools, and resident companies holding productions and special events at the San Angelo Performing Arts Center are welcome to set more restrictive COVID-mitigation protocols. SAPAC staff and volunteers are committed to honoring clear guidelines set by producing partners.
For any reported cases of COVID, we will work with the production company and the City of San Angelo to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and partners.
More information on how you may protect yourself at large gatherings can be found at the following link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/large-gatherings.html
If you have any questions, please contact us at (325) 284-3825.
VENUE Safety Procedures.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available in the lobby area.
- Patrons will have their tickets scanned by a volunteer. The volunteer will not come in physical contact with the patron.
- A volunteer usher will direct the patron to their seat.
- Concessions will be available before the show and during intermission. Staff and volunteers will regularly disinfect the area. Staff and volunteers will remain masked and use hand sanitizer when serving drinks and interacting with patrons. Cash will be accepted.
Seating and Performance Details
- Seating will start approximately 6 feet from the stage, minimum.
- Before each performance, chair armrests, restrooms, dressing rooms, railings, doorknobs and other high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected by either a staff member or a professional cleaning company, using a combination of sanitizing sprays, including electrostatic disinfectants.
- All microphones, costumes, props, etc. that are touched by staff, technicians, and performers will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before each performance. Redundant inventory in props and microphones will be prioritized to minimize cross-contamination when possible, otherwise props and microphones will be sanitized backstage during performances, between uses.
- All staff/volunteers/crew will be required to wear masks at all times backstage.
- After each performance, chairs, restrooms, dressing rooms, railings, doorknobs and other high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected by either a staff member or a professional cleaning company, using a combination of sanitizing sprays, including electrostatic disinfectants.