Rites and Celebrations
The Angelo State Symphony Orchestra comes to the Murphey Hall for an exciting season finale with works by Berlioz, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Britten! This performance will feature violinist Annie Chalex-Boyle from Texas Tech University. On the second half, the ASU Symphony will be joined by the Central High School Varsity Orchestra to perform Benjamin Britten’s Mont Juic Suite Op. 12.
The ASU Symphony is composed of students from different programs at ASU. The symphony plays a variety of orchestral music, ranging from standard masterworks to modern literature. Through its concerts, the ASU Symphony fosters an appreciation for music and enrichment of the academic and local communities.
The ASU Symphony is directed by Dr. Fagner M. Rocha.
Central High School Orchestra Director, Emilee Hall-Rocha
- Venue: Murphey Performance Hall
- Dates: April 26, 2018
- Running Time: 75 minutes
- Genre: Symphony Concert
- Recommended: All Ages
- Ticket Policy: Everyone needs a ticket including infants and children that will sit on your lap.
- H. Berlioz, Hungarian March from “The Damnation of Faust” Op. 24 5:30
- L. van Beethoven, Romance for Violin and Orchestra Op. 50 No. 2 in F Major 11’
Annie Chalex-Boyle, violin
- Tchaikowsky, Valse from the “Sleeping Beauty” Op. 66 6’
- Benjamin Britten, Mont Juic Op. 12
1. Andante maestoso
2. Allegro grazioso
3. Lament: Andante moderato
4. Allegro molto
- Rites of Tamburo